How can FloQuote can help housing associations?
FloQuote can help keep families safe
housing associations, charitable housing trusts, councils, joint ventures and social housing all have a responsibility for the safety of their tenants and to ensure that their housing issues, especially their health and safety, are addresses in a timely manner.
safety is paramount in council housing
but with more than 2 MILLION
council houses in the UK
of which have issues with, for example, mould
how can we possibly assess all of them?
there just isn't enough resources
to get an assessor to each property
so, almost everyone has a smart phone right? or access to email?
leveraging the power of
(email and other messaging apps) to determine the
by empowering the tenant
to show us what the issue is
without sending anyone at all?
Here are just some of the issues facing housing associations
1) A requirement to meet environmental targets and reduce carbon emissions to net zero by 2030
2) A requirement to keep the tenants safe
3) A requirement to diversify the supply chain and allow small businesses to work with local government https://www.local.gov.uk/publications/national-procurement-strategy-local-government-england-2022
4) A requirement to improve procedures, keep records of issues, how those issues were addresses and solved
5) A requirement to reduces costs, increase efficiency and yet provide better service
Fundamentally to do much more for much less
How can FloQuote help with all this?
1) If FloQuote was used for an initial assessment instead of a visit by a contractor, an assessor or an outsourced 3rd party the 333 local authorities could reduce the CO2 output by thousands of tonnes per annum
2) Tenants would be empowered to take responsibility for documenting issues they have with housing, informing the correct authority and reducing the cost to the council of documenting and assessing these issues themselves
3) FloQuote's unique approach to standardising estimation for repairs, maintenance and new tenders allows small businesses to access council contacts and for the councils and housing associations to realize the cost benefits of utilizing smaller operators
4) FloQuote will enable a visual record of the condition of a property to be kept permanently, a record of those issues, an audit trail for how the issues were addressed
5) A significant reduction in costs can be realized by opening up the supply chain to competition and helping those companies to reduce their own costs that can be passed on to the councils with cheaper procurement for repairs, maintenance and implementing new projects
Let's give you an example of how this might work
Tenant sends a message to the housing authority highlighting an issue. Say they have a mould problem in the flat
FloQuote gets it and sends back a message automatically asking for the tenant property details to identify them and some images and videos of the mould (taken directly from their phone)
FloQuote links to the Council database and logs the message, allows the internal procedures to take it from there or it can go back to FloQuote so it can send out Requests for Pricing (RFP) from the Preferred Supplier List
The PSL contractors have the video and pictures of the issue and send back the estimated price back to the council in a standard format. The council decides which one to allocate the job to and gets the best price or whatever other criteria is used for purchase
Happy tenant, happy contractor, happy council, happy planet
Housing associations and councils
Talk to us about how we can use our FloQuote software to address your issues in housing, tenants
and council life in general. Meeting net zero targets, empowering tenants, keeping your safety and duty of care commitments, introducing diversity into the supply chain, attracting business from small as well as large contractors, making cost savings. You can achieve and make headway with all these challenges using estimating software that integrates with your existing supply and fulfillment software and your CRM.
Come and speak to us and find out how we can help you.